Cloud Migration to Azure
The client is a mid-west based not-for-profit health system, with nearly 40,000 employees and 11,000 providers. It includes 23 hospitals, 290+ physician offices, 10 post-acute facilities, home care, and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, a health insurance company, and an accountable care organization.
The client had a legacy Microsoft SQL Server Parallel Data Warehouse (SQL Server PDW), that included Microsoft SQL Server database, third-party server hardware, and networking components. PDW had legacy application databases from Epic, SAP, and Press Ganey (patient experience). Moving with the times, the Client wanted to migrate all of this to the cloud.
- Manually rebuilding data from Epic Clarity (relational database of Epic)
- Appliance warranty expiration and other critical dependencies
- There were a host of procedures and functions to be migrated
- Client needed a single source of truth to bring together patient and financial information from disparate source systems and improve the quality of patient care
It was decided to move to a cloud computing environment and build a highly scalable end-to-end data warehouse solution on Microsoft Azure SQL Hyperscale.
314e provided the best approach for the Client to seamlessly ensure data transformation to Azure cloud is managed cost-effectively. 314e’s consultants with rich healthcare domain experience were able to optimally configure Azure cloud infrastructure and properly scale environments. The project was executed to transform existing data marts and application-specific relational database silos into Azure cloud which provides a scalable reporting/analytics platform for the enterprise.
- Scalable Azure cloud environment for enterprise reporting and analytics which will scale based on data requirement
- Highly available Azure SQL Hyperscale environment to meet dynamic business demands
- Access to patient information with high availability, security, and ease of access using a single analytics platform.
Patients’ Health Records Stored
Database Tables and Entities
314e’s Cloud Adoption Services
Converting existing VM or physical machine into cloud computing instance and containerize workloads
Desktop apps virtualizing via app streaming; Web app migration using APIs and service mesh technologies
Migrating existing data marts and application-specific relational database silos into the cloud
314e has extensive expertise for migration to any of the big three – AWS, GCP, and Azure platforms