Data Extraction & Reporting Services
Migrating from legacy data warehouse on Oracle to Epic Caboodle on Microsoft SQL Server
An academic medical center in the Midwestern United States for basic and clinical research has been leading the way in developing innovative and often life-saving treatments for more than 170 years. It includes a 671-bed hospital serving adults and children, a 61-bed health center, and a university.
The 314e team had to come up with a solution to overcome the following challenges:
- Switch from Oracle database server to Epic’s Caboodle warehouse on Microsoft SQL
- Recreate the reports and extracts to be served by Clarity or Caboodle
314e helped overcome the challenges by doing the following:
- Automated several jobs to retrieve the data out of their enterprise data warehouse by exporting data as a flat file and then sending it over secure FTP to an internal or 3rd party agency that consumed the data for reporting purposes
- Migrated several business objects universes to extract data from Caboodle warehouse instead of legacy data marts
- Migrated Crystal & WebI reports
- Enabled database programming using PL/SQL as well as T-SQL
- Migrated data warehouse from Oracle to MS SQL Server
- Migrated financial & readmissions data marts to Caboodle to support WebI reports migration
- Created custom data mart and dashboard
With 314e’s help, the client achieved significant savings in the costs compared to the original estimates and realized the benefits of using the specialized talent needed for such projects.