Data Extraction & Reporting Services
Migrating from legacy data warehouse on Oracle to Epic Caboodle on Microsoft SQL Server
The Client is an academic medical center that includes a 671-bed hospital serving adults and children, the 61-bed Health Center, and a University. For more than 170 years, the Medical Center has been leading the way in developing innovative and often life-saving treatments.
The Client is a thriving center for basic and clinical research, with physicians and scientists involved in hundreds of research projects developing and testing the effectiveness and safety of new therapies and medical devices.
The Client’s legacy data warehouse was developed 10+ years ago and resided on an Oracle Database Server. They wanted to deploy Epic’s Caboodle Warehouse, which runs on Microsoft SQL Server. The challenge was to recreate the reports and extracts that were being served by the Oracle DW to be instead served from Clarity or Caboodle.
- Data Extracts migration | 314e’s team automated several jobs that retrieve the data out of their enterprise data warehouse. The data was exported as a flat file and then sent over secure FTP to an internal or 3rd party agency that consumed the data for reporting purposes
- Business Objects universe migration | 314e’s team migrated several business objects universes to extract data from Caboodle warehouse instead of legacy data marts
- Reports (Crystal & WebI) Migration
- Database programming using PL/SQL as well as T-SQL
- Migration of a data warehouse from Oracle to MS SQL Server
- Migration of Financial & Readmissions data marts to Caboodle to support WebI reports migration
- Custom data mart and dashboard creation
Business Outcomes By partnering with the 314e team, The Client realized the benefits of using the specialized talent needed for such projects. In addition, the client realized significant savings in the costs as compared to the original estimates.