COVID-19 Dashboard Using Cloud Analytics
Using Synapse Analytics Platform on Microsoft Azure Cloud
A large health system in the Eastern United States, that has an extensive spread of care facilities ranging from community hospitals, academic medical centers, a children’s hospital, to a home care facility, along with 2,000+ physicians supporting the health system.
The 314e team had to come up with a solution to overcome the following challenges put forth by COVID-19:
- The utilization of ICU beds exceeded all possibilities of prior planning and organization
- The need to monitor caseload, local & regional trends, and the current use & availability of resources in ICUs had become even more important
- The urgency to put together an implementation of a specialized COVID-19 dashboard with near real-time information about various Key Result Areas (KRAs)
314e created an enterprise-level COVID-19 and vaccine administration dashboard using the Azure Synapse Analytics platform by effectively combining data from different sources that the health systems used by providing:
- A seamless mechanism for ETL/ELT processes in a code-free visual environment to easily ingest data from several sources
- Meaningful insights from real-time data like positivity rates, unit capacities and availability, caseload statistics, COVID-19 outcome measures, heat maps, vaccine inventory analysis, and vaccine rates in critical areas of the population
With the help of real-time data and the Azure Synapse Analytics platform, 314e was able to help the client put together a dashboard that revealed real-time information about various Key Result Areas (KRAs), allowing close monitoring, measurement, and improvement thereof.